We have created a free online course to help YOU, the youth worker, understand the relationship between social inclusion and youth work, to develop, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate non-formal activities in order to foster the development of social, civic and intercultural competences among youths with and without fewer opportunities jointly. The course will also help you understand how to engage in non-formal activities with young people with and without fewer opportunities jointly.
Target group: youth workers, youth leaders, youth supervisors.
Other organisations and youth workers, VET and education institutions can also use this online course to ensure social inclusion and to create the design of an activity that jointly involves youth with and without fewer opportunities, to increase tolerance and fight against discrimination.
In this regard, the online course is made up 10 lessons:
- Youth work and its impact – Ethics, role, well-being
- Social inclusion and youth work – Facilitate non-formal education activities with youth with fewer opportunities jointly
- Fosteríng the development of social and civic competences among youths with and without fewer opportunities jointly
- Preparing the non-formal activity – needs assessment, establishing the learning objectives
- Choosing the methods: learning, learning outcomes and learning styles
- Characteristics of non-formal activities with an intercultural dimension – culture, identity, intercultural learning, youth work
- Non-formal activities
- How to form teams
- Non-formal activities evaluation and monitoring: Objectives, process, results and impact
- Preparing the participants for transfer and multiplying
In order to help you deepen your knowledge of the topics listed above, each lesson has a written module, where you can find more information.
Each lesson also has individual worksheets that will help you to plan, design, evaluate, monitor, ensure impact, follow up and guarantee the sustainability of the non-formal activities with youth with and without fewer opportunities jointly.
The lessons are available in English with subtitles in Romanian and Spanish. The worksheets are available in English, Romanian and Spanish.
You can do this course for free by clicking on the button below: